I can’t believe it’s December 19th already and the phrase that we all say every year is starting to be heard more and more “Where did the time go?”
I should recap this year but it seems like I didn’t do much. But I did. I just can’t seem to recall every detail, especially when it feels like no significant changes occurred. Or maybe they did and I’m not meriting them so. I should probably give myself more credit. Aren’t the small steps more important than the one big win? I suppose I’ll recap now to give a better picture.
- I didn’t publish anything new but only grew more pumped to knock out 2 books next year!
- I atteneded BEA and exhibited at BookCon in Chicago and made lasting friendships. Watch it here and here.
- I went on a three week trip across Southern States: Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma.
- I gave myself a couple short writing retreats in the mountains.
- I binge watched Stranger Things.
- I attended LeviosaCon in Vegas and met other amazing authors.
- I started writing THE 52ND sequel.
- I finished my first contemporary romance!
- I endorsed my first novel, The Whispers Of The Fallen by JD Netto.
- I took my three children camping for a week by myself in Big Sur.
- I accomplished my 12 year wedding anniversary when I didn’t think I would! Hate is strong, love is more powerful though. And I love my husband so dearly. Only sharing to strengthen someone else who needs it. I’m here for you! xoxo Watch it here.
- I raised A LOT of money for my children’s school and in doing so discovered that I’m good at it. More on that later.
- I made a fan based trailer for THE 52ND. Watch it here.
- I discovered new songs and new bands that I will probably love for life.
- I managed to do all this while playing mom, wife, sister, daughter, and friend.
Now that Christmas is vastly approaching I wanted to share a couple of my favorite traditions. One, eating tamales, rice and beans on Christmas Eve and two, seeing Christmas lights around town. I’m not too picky. I like just as much to get in the car and drive around as I do going to an actual place where you have to pay. But I like free, so maybe I do like the car better. 🙂
What are some of your favorite traditions?
I don’t have any favorite Christmas reads at the moment since I’ve been going strong with editing my contemporary romance, Seat 2A. However I do love Christmas movies! My favorites are Home Alone, Elf, The Santa Claus, I’ll Be Home For Christmas and Jingle All The Way (with Sinbad). So. Freaking. Awesome.
I hope you all have a fabulous holiday! Stay warm, stay safe.